Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Chelsea job betting has Spalletti as new favourite

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti has emerged as the new favourite to take over at Chelsea - according to leading UK betting site Bet365.

The announcement that Carlo Ancellotti will be staying in Milan has upset the market and punters are running out of high profile names to turn to.

Spalletti is now the 3/1 (4.00) favourite with Bet365 whose spokesman Steve Freeth said: "Roman Abramovich has apparently had a couple of knockbacks in finding a replacement for Avram Grant in the Chelsea hot-seat and some punters think he'll be turning to Spalletti next."

Personally, I think that he looks a bit like a Gianluca Vialli clone (without the beard) and I wonder if he has the sort of managerial pedigree that the Russian money-man is looking for ...

I'll keep my coin in my pocket over this one.

No comments: